Spring 2017 Testing Dates
CLICK HERE for Information about Parent Exemption from State Assessments.
PARCC (Math & English Language Arts All Grades)
6th Grade: March 21-22-23
8th Grade: April 4-5-6
7th Grade: April 11-12-13
* Testing consists of two tests each day totaling 6 tests.
* Makeups will run throughout the testing window, which will occur March 21-April 28.
** changed to one day of testing only **
7th Grade Social Studies: Monday, April 17
8th Grade Science: Wednesday, April 19
1. How long are the tests?
PARCC consists of 3 ELA sections and 3 Math sections ranging from 80-110 minutes each. CMAS Social Studies and Science consist of 3 80-minute tests. Students will take 2 tests per day.
2. If I exempt my child from testing, can I still send them to school? Yes, but if you choose to keep them home, the absence will be excused. If you choose to send them to school, please have them come prepared with reading material or other schoolwork, as the main activity will be a study hall.
3. Are the tests computer-based or paper-based? Students will test on Chromebooks for all PARCC and CMAS tests, using a program similar to previous years.
4. What can we do to prepare? Get a good night's sleep, eat breakfast, arrive on time to school. Students may bring a book to read when they are finished. Students are also encouraged to bring their own earbuds/headphones for use on ELA sections of PARCC.
5. Does the daily schedule change for testing? Yes, kids will test in the beginning of the day and attend electives at the end of the day. Please do not plan to take your child out of school during testing for appointments, if at all possible.
6. Where do I find information about specific tests?
7. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?